Learning New Time Strategies

 Both from experience, as well as reading the provided articles, I have learned a lot about time management. I have learned to prepare for the unexpected, to make my schedule and overall plans for tackling work over a period of time both variable and prepared for change. This basically means that since anything can happen at any times (surprise plans, sudden time constraints, not being able to finish scheduled workload), you should leave yourself extra room, or, in other words - underestimate what you can do - ultimately allowing you to be prepared for change.


I used to keep checklists, but by reading The Psychology of Checklists I am prompted to do so once again, because of how much I learned that just checking a task off a sheet can motivate you to keep working, as well as to satisfy and visualize how much work you really have done. I believe my biggest time challenge will be distributing time for a schedule for all of my classes as all of my classes are upper division science classes with difficult material.

Making a schedule really helps me managing my time. And now, by learning about how I can make scheduling more efficient (see paragraph 1), I hope to be even more efficient in scheduling my workload.





Learning based on:
The Myth of Too Busy
The Psychology of Checklists

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Z, the Microbiology major

Week 7 Story: The Prideful Man