Storybook Favorites

1.  Ghost Stories

The topic of this storybook is one that I am extremely familiar with. One of my favorite topics in the realm of mythology is most definitely scary, thrilling stories. This storybook that has a ghost stories theme really caught my attention when I was browsing the list of storybooks, and the individual stories themselves really reassured me that I chose an interesting storybook. The introduction of the storybook was marvelous. The author used first person storytelling, which made it seem like I was the one there when they were describing a creepy setting. It made me want to read all of the stories right at that moment. The length was just right, and the creepy image provided also propelled my interest for it forward. The design fits well with the theme, as it is monotonous and dark, perfect for a ghost stories theme.

2. Learning to Live

The topic of this storybook caught my attention, as I was not too sure if I would be familiar with it or not. It prompted my curiosity and I wondered what the author meant by the title. The individual subsets of stories really clarified the meaning of the storybook itself, and I was really inspired and intrigued even more by reviewing the individual parts of the storybook. The introduction of the storybook did a great job in describing its meaning and how it would be like down the road. The design was by far the most interesting and eye grabbing part of this storybook, as it looks to be very professionally designed. It is also very well-aligned with the rest of the stories in the storybook, as it organizes each part in "parts," giving it a sleek finish while being very well organized.

3. No, No, You've Got It All Wrong: The Creation of Myth

The topic of this storybook also caught my attention, as it stood out from the others by making quite the claim of mythology. Regardless if the author was challenging modern day mythology's interpretations, it seemed like it was going to discuss the concept of mythology as a whole rather than individual stories made from the foundation of mythology itself. The introduction clarified its purpose of being more story-like and going back to describing the beginning of mythology by being presented in a myth itself. The design lacked a little bit, as it seemed squished and very tiny, especially compared to such a bold statement presenting itself as the title of the storybook. The art work and color scheme, however, was very well put together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Z, the Microbiology major

Week 7 Story: The Prideful Man