Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Odyssey

Week 4: Adam & Eve

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Jataka Tales

Week 6: Life of Buddha

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7:  Philippines

Week 9: South Africa

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Apache

Week 11: Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Beowulf

Week 13: Robin Hood

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Czech

Week 15: La Fontaine


I enjoy reading anything based of mythology. I enjoyed reading about The Odyssey back in highschool, so I feel like I will explore that again as a review. I was interested in other countries in Europe as well, so I hope to explore areas there that I have not yet covered. I would want to write about my own stories via the storybook as done in the Indian Epics class, and I look forward to creating my own stories based on those already written.



I chose this photo because it was one of my favorite parts of the Odyssey; I was intrigued throughout the adventure of Odysseus, and I found the Sirens very unique in the way that they would bait the men of his ship to jump overboard. I liked how the situation was handled and alluded to as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Z, the Microbiology major

Week 7 Story: The Prideful Man