Week 8 Comments & Feedback

 I think the comments I am getting are wonderful! Normally, when students are assigned to give feedback to other students, it's just to get it done and sometimes it does not have real value. I feel like in this course, however, since it's not about discussion posts, but rather stories and introduction posts, there is more interest from student to student. This means there is genuine criticism from my peers, and it really helps me improve and learn a lot about new people. This goes the same for my feedback out, where I actually have an interest in giving feedback, so I give much more genuine feedback.


I think the blog set up is really great. I can always go back to someone's blog if I liked their story or wanted to get to know them better through their discussion posts; if I wanted to keep reading their stories if I liked their writing, I could easily go back. It is really helpful with them having introduction posts, as well, as it lets me get to know much more about them in a straightforward fashion instead of strictly through their writing alone.



This image is especially important to me because I have a bad problem of letting my mistakes get to me, and also not focusing on the things I did right and improving them. A saying I have started to go by that helps me combat this is "it doesn't matter how hard you hit, but how hard you get hit and keep going." Hopefully I can better myself through my writing as well as my personal self and not let them negative thoughts sit in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Z, the Microbiology major

Week 7 Story: The Prideful Man